No products in the cart.
It’s “The Talk” of the town.
Daytime talk show “The Talk” has reversed its decision to premiere its 14th season on Monday as the Writers Guild of America strike continues.
A spokesperson for CBS told The Post on Sunday that “’The Talk’ is pausing its season premiere” and “will continue to evaluate plans for a new launch date.”
The Post reached out to the WGA for comment.
“The Talk,” which is hosted by Akbar Gbajabiamila, Amanda Kloots, Natalie Morales, Jerry O’Connell and Sheryl Underwood, went dark in May as Hollywood writers began striking over higher wages and more residuals.
Sunday’s announcement, which followed protests outside tapings of “The Talk,” comes mere hours after Drew Barrymore revealed she will also postpone the return of her own talk show until the strike ends.
Barrymore, 48, took to Instagram one day before the scheduled premiere of the show’s fourth season to share the news.
“I have listened to everyone, and I am making the decision to pause the show’s premiere until the strike is over,” wrote Barrymore.
“I have no words to express my deepest apologies to anyone I have hurt and, of course, to our incredible team who works on the show and has made it what it is today. We really tried to find our way forward.”
The “50 First Dates” actress added that she truly hopes “for a resolution for the entire industry very soon.”
Barrymore released the statement after a week of online backlash, protests outside the CBS Broadcast Center in Midtown, and the retraction of her invitation to host the upcoming National Book Awards ceremony.
“We support Drew’s decision to pause the show’s return and understand how complex and difficult this process has been for her,” a spokesperson for CBS Media Ventures, which produces and distributes “The Drew Barrymore Show,” told The Post on Sunday.
The “Blended” actress took to Instagram a week ago to announce that Season 4 would premiere Sept. 18.
“I am … making the choice to come back for the first time in this strike for our show, that may have my name on it but this is bigger than just me,” she wrote on Sept. 10. “I own this choice.”
Her message continued, “We are in compliance with not discussing or promoting film and television that is struck of any kind. We launched live in a global pandemic. Our show was built for sensitive times and has only functioned through what the real world is going through in real time.”
A CBS Media Ventures spokesperson told The Post at the time that, “The Drew Barrymore Show will not be performing any writing work covered by the WGA strike.”
Last week, the “Charlie’s Angels” star defended her controversial decision to tape her show — which debuted in September 2020 at the height of the coronavirus pandemic.
“I certainly couldn’t have expected this kind of attention,” Barrymore said in a now-deleted Instagram video. “We aren’t gonna break rules, and we will be in compliance. I wanted to do this because as I said, this is bigger than me, and there are other people’s jobs on the line.”
She vehemently denied that a “PR machine” was behind the decision.
“I don’t exactly know what to say because sometimes when things are so tough, it’s hard to make decisions from that place. So all I can say is that I wanted to accept responsibility, and no, I don’t have a PR machine behind this. My decision to go back to the show — I didn’t want to hide behind people,” continued Barrymore.
“I won’t polish this with bells and whistles and publicists and corporate rhetoric. I’ll just stand out there and accept and be responsible.”
Meanwhile, shows including “The View,” “Tamron Hall,” and “Live with Kelly and Mark” have debuted new seasons.
Bill Maher’s “Real Time” is expected to return this week as well.