Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes, plus 1 hour refrigeration
for the chocolate bark:
10 ounces|283 grams bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
flaky sea salt, to taste
for the ice cream:
1 cup|250 ml half and half
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups|440 grams ice
⅓ cup|50 grams kosher salt
homemade or store-bought graham crackers
- Make the chocolate bark: Line a quarter sheet tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Fill a small saucepan with 1-inch water and nest a heatproof bowl in it. Place on the stovetop over medium-low and add the chocolate to the bowl. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted.
- Spread the chocolate into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt. You can also add other things here! Nuts, seeds, pretzels. Be creative! Refrigerate until solid, about 1 hour. Break into small pieces and store, refrigerated, in an airtight container.
- Make the ice cream: In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the half and half, sugar, and vanilla. Push out any excess air and seal.
- Combine the ice and salt in a separate, larger resealable plastic bag. Place the small bag inside the larger bag of ice and shake vigorously until the ice cream has hardened, 3 to 5 minutes. Chop up some of the pieces of chocolate bark and stir them into the ice cream. Keep cold.
- To serve, roast some marshmallows on the fire to your desired char level. Plop some ice cream in between 2 graham crackers and add the roasted marshmallow. Get messy.
Get recipes like this and more in the Munchies Recipes newsletter. Sign up here.