No products in the cart.
A pregnant Kansas woman and her two young sons were found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning inside their camper at a motocross track.
Deputies from the McPherson County Sheriff’s Office responded Saturday to a call at the Inman Motocross, where the Kansas Motocross Championship Series was taking place.
“Members of the Inman Fire Dept. and McPherson EMS arrived on scene and made confirmation that the three people were deceased,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.
The three victims were identified by their family as Felicia Richey, who was pregnant, and her sons Tison and Bentley, KCRG reported.
The boys’ ages were not immediately available.
They are survived by husband and dad Jason Richey, a pro motocross racer, and a 3-year-old son and brother, according to the outlet.
“Today we received news that our dear family friend Jason Richey lost his wife and 2 children suddenly to carbon monoxide poisoning this morning,” a GoFundMe account set up by a loved one said.
“Jason and Felicia were also expecting a new little one. We are asking for your prayers, support, and love as he and his 3 year old son navigate through this devastating time,” it added.
Jason was interviewed in 2019 by KSN-TV when he lost all of his gear in a fire.
At the news of Saturday’s tragedy, Inman Motocross Inc. delayed the eighth round of the Kansas Motocross Championship Series, which it was hosting, The Kansas City Star reported.
“Today we hug our loved ones extra tight and say I love you an extra time,” Inman Motocross said on Facebook. “Our heart goes out the family as they work through this time. Thank you everyone for your understanding at this time and patience.”
As of Tuesday morning, the GoFundMe page had raised over $40,000 for the stricken family.
The deaths remain under investigation.