The 2020 NBA Draft‘s months-long delay has added plenty of ammo to the rumor mill, and it’s shaping up to be one of the most trade-heavy drafts in recent memory.
There have already been a handful of first-round picks on the move since the start of draft week, and there’ll surely be more noise made on the trade front during Wednesday night’s NBA Draft. The Timberwolves at No. 1 overall and the Warriors with the second pick have both been suggested as possible candidates for trade involvement. The NBA Draft’s rights to the No. 1 pick have been traded seven times, most recently with Markelle Fultz ending up in Philadelphia instead of Boston in 2017.
Picks that have already been reported to change hands ahead of the draft include No. 16 (from Trail Blazers to Rockets to Pistons), No. 23 (from Jazz to Knicks), No. 24 (from Bucks to Pelicans), No. 27 (from Knicks to Jazz), No. 28 (from Lakers to Thunder) and No. 34 (from 76ers to Thunder).
Throughout the draft, Sporting News will be tracking the reported in-draft trades right here.
NBA Draft trade tracker 2020
(Player selections in parentheses)
Knicks trade pick to Timberwolves
- Timberwolves receive 23rd pick
- Knicks receive 25th pick, 33rd pick.
Clippers trade pick via Brooklyn to Pistons
- Pistons receive 19th pick, Rodney McGruder
- Clippers receive Luke Kennard
- Nets receive Landry Shamet
Timberwolves trade pick to Thunder
- Thunder receive 17th pick
- Timberwolves receive Ricky Rubio, 25th and 28th picks
Rockets trade pick to Pistons
- Pistons receive Trevor Ariza, 16th overall pick
- Rockets receive future first-round pick
Jazz trade pick to Knicks
- Knicks receive 23rd overall pick
- Jazz receive 27th, 38th overall picks
Trail Blazers trade pick to Rockets
- Rockets receive 16th overall pick, 2021 first-round pick
- Trail Blazers receive F Robert Covington
Lakers trade pick to Thunder
- Thunder receive 28th overall pick, G Danny Green
- Lakers receive G Dennis Schroder
Jazz trade pick to Pistons
- Pistons receive 38th pick, Tony Bradley
- Jazz receive cash considerations.
76ers trade pick to Thunder
- Thunder receive Al Horford, 34th overall pick and 2025 first-round pick
- 76ers receive Danny Green