No products in the cart.
The king of British late-night has spoken.
The 60-year-old entertainer was asked by emcee Andy Cohen, 55, how the Brits actually feel about royal family exiles Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex famously departed from The Firm in 2020 and moved to Montecito, California.
“Since you can speak for all Brits, what would you say is the overriding feeling about Harry and Meghan over there at this point?” Cohen asked on Thursday.
The comedian explained that the couple’s presence is a “gift” to Harry’s estranged brother, Prince William, and his wife, Kate Middleton.
“It’s difficult,” the Irish native replied. “I think in the press it’s very anti them, and it’s been a gift to William and Kate because now they are deified. They can do no wrong.”
He went on: “I mean, Kate [can do a] hit and run and it would be fine because she’s such a lovely person.”
“But do regular people care that much? I don’t think they do. I think they just think, ‘Let them live their lives,’” Norton said.
The Prince and Princess of Wales, both 41, have had an icy relationship with Markle, 42, and Harry, 39, since the latter couple’s move to the States.
The Invictus Games founder dropped his bombshell memoir “Spare” in January where he penned tidbits about his life as a member of he royal family and labeled William as his “arch-nemesis.”
Christopher Andersen, author of “The King,” alleged earlier this year that the Duke of Cambridge is still fuming over Harry’s 400-page opus.
“William is still simmering with resentment over ‘Megxit,’ not to mention Harry’s unflattering portrait of him in ‘Spare,’” the royal expert told Fox News.
“Harry is still obviously upset that William was given a free ride because he is the heir – that William got away scot-free with doing many of the same things Harry was excoriated for,” Andersen said. “William is doing a marvelous job of compartmentalization. He seems to have put Harry and Meghan in a box and shoved that box into a remote corner of his mind.”