One of the coolest artist around, Chrissie Hynde released a audio vid for her track “No Return” taken from her upcoming album ‘Valve Bone Woe’.
Chrissie Hynde song “No Return” is a brilliant version of the song written by Written by Ray Davies and originally released in September 1967, from The Kinks album “Something Else”. Chrissie seems to love The Kinks. She cover the group’s song “Stop Your Sobbing” and “I Go to Sleep” when she was with the Pretenders.
“I wasn’t really familiar with it,” Hynde — whose oldest daughter, Natalie, was fathered by Kinks frontman Ray Davies in 1983 — tells Billboard. She went on to say: “The real point of the record was I wanted to sing songs that had a lot of melody,” Hynde adds. “It’s just more fun to sing melodies than to keep singing the same things. I think there’s a dearth of melody in modern music; They just seem to repeat one line and it goes on and on and on and doesn’t really go anywhere. The songs I chose on the album I thought had quite a few melodic twists, and then there’s a couple that are possibly lacking in melody but have atmosphere.” Hynde and de Vries also “wanted to make the slowest album ever made — which I don’t think it is. In fact, one of my favorite bands, Low, I think all their songs are slower than this. But that was kind of our idea” she tells Billboard.
Chrissie Hynde, ‘Valve Bone Woe’ Track Listing (original songwriter in parentheses)
01. How Glad I Am (Jimmy Williams, Larry Harrison)
02. Caroline, No (Brian Wilson, Tony Asher)
03. I’m a Fool to Want You (Frank Sinatra, Joel Herron, Jack Wolf)
04. I Get Along Without You Very Well (Except Sometimes) (Hoagy Carmichael)
05. Meditation on a Pair of Wire Cutters (Charles Mingus)
06. Once I Loved (Norman Gimbel, Vinicius De Moraes, Antonio Jobim)
07. Wild Is the Wind (Ned Washington, Dimitri Tiomkin)
08. You Don’t Know What Love Is (Don Raye, Gene De Paul)
09. River Man (Nick Drake)
10. Absent Minded Me (Jule Styne, Bob Merrill)
11. Naima (John Coltrane)
12. Hello, Young Lovers (Richard Rogers, Oscar Hammerstein II)
13. No Return (Ray Davies)
14. Que Reste-T-il De Nos Amours (Charles Trenet)
The album will be released in September. You can pre-order it now: https://chrissiehynde.lnk.to/VBWID
Follow Chrissie Hynde:
Official Website: http://chrissiehynde.com/